MOONLIGHT DRIVES AND MIDNIGHT LIES

Monday, July 05, 2004

I'm not a doctor dawg!

:: fROM mY sPEAKERS :: Summer's Killing Us - THE HIP

I had a fucking wicked week. I started it off with Shoreline and TOGA '04. Then on Tuesday Murph and I went to see Dodgeball, "Put your mouth where our balls are." We stuck around after the movie to see Spider-man 2 at midnight. I really enjoyed it, surprisingly enough. I thought the first film was balls awful, intended for a younger audience..."with great power comes great responsibility" i mean fuck what is that shit. Having Wilem Dafoe as the Green Goblin didn't help either. Good actor, but he lived out his glory days in Platoon. His career went to shit after that, I mean really...Speed 2: Cruise Control? What a gay movie. Here's an idea. Drop the fucking anchor.

Wednesday was April Wine and Hootie. Murph and I drank at his apartment and headed downtown to meet Sarah, Gabrielle, Shannon, and Sharlene. We drank some more and headed down for the show. April Friggin' Wine ruled. I was blitzed. Hootie were good too, but we left half way through. At some point Gabrielle and I lost the rest of the people and then got yelled at by 1 very angry old man who didn't like us in his backyard, and six jock types who thought we were beer bottle throwing "Goth Kids." yeah thats right they called us goth kids. I mean what the fuck. I was wearing a brown shirt and jeans. Anyway, we somehow made it back to Murphs where we spent the night.

Thursday we headed back to Sarahs and stopped at the Village and Dairy Queen along the way. We had such good finds. I got Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue, and a Happy Days record along with Encino Man the book and like 5 wicked 80's tapes. Gabrielle got a fresh Prince tape and a Gordon Korman? book. I remember reading it in like grade 7. Later on we all drank in Sarahs shed and got fuckered before going to the fireworks.

::Memories from Canada Night::
Climbing tons of trees
Falling and then being caught by a chain fence at Province House
Taking a picture of Kelly Osbourne
Talking to Amber and Lyndsay like 4 times
Acquirining some parking meters.
Drinking atop rooftops
Throwing rocks at some punk 12 year olds.
eating at China Garden

I woke up the next day with a ton of scrapes and bruises. Friday I didn't drink. We saw the Trews, and although they put on a good show, it was a carbon copy concert of the other two times I had seen them. Rob and I went on a little trip after the trews and prevented a girl from possibly getting raped. Then we headed back to Sam Roberts in the fucking downpour only to get even more wet as the night progressed. He also put on a good show. Later on we met up with jacqueline, Shannon, and Gabrielle for some wendys and tetris. I fell asleep way early.

On Saturday Gabrielle and Sarah and I saw Farenheit 9/11. Wicked movie. Everyone should see it. There's no way anyone could support Bush after seeing this movie. Later on, after eating at wendys again for probably the 12 time that week we decided to check out the creepy Kelly building Elevator. We left our mark and were on our way, minus one sharpie. We drank some more, i lost my socks, and we saw live. Great time all around except for sarah who missed half the show cause she fucked her foot. We found out she was at the hospital, and decided to visit. It turned out to be well worth it for reasons I can not say here for possible incrimination reasons.

Not much happened on sunday so heres the breakdown. Woke up, found socks, went home. Played soccer against Baba's and tied 1-1.

I apologize for this post being so random, too much to talk about, not enough detail, but i'm tired so I'm out.

There's a nightmare on MY street

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD POST
- I'm listening to "Nightmare on My Street" RIGHT NOW.
- Clearly it was my black tank top that automatically made us Goth kids.
- I couldn't figure out why I had all these weird black marks on my hands, until I realized that I had put the damn sharpie back in my bag without the cap, instead of throwing it down the elevator shaft like I had planned.

-gabrielle

11:02 AM  
Blogger Joshua said...

Hey thanks,
I'm listening to 38 Years Old by the HIP, cause they fucking rule. I never knew that wearing one article of black clothing made you automatically gothic, go figure.
Yeah, you should have dropped the marker after I lost the cap. Sorry about that by the way.
Anyway, I'm at work so I should go and look busy.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't worry, I'm pretty sure I own at least ten more sharpies.
-gabrielle

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home