The things you own, end up owning you...
::fROM mY sPEAKERS:: The Good Life - Weezer
Payday has come and gone, and with it...most of my paycheck. I can't save for shit. So far since Thursday I've bought:
-AFI hoodie
-Clerks unsensored DVD
-Nirvana Incesticide
-Boogie Nights DVD
-True Romance DVD
-Best Of Will Farrel DVD
-Ticket for TROY
Fuck Beans, I need an intervention or something, or maybe just more money. I'd love to win the set for life. Fuck that would be sweet. Having a $1000 a week for 25 years wouldn't be so bad. I'm sure I could blow one years worth pretty quick before saving or investing the rest. The draw is this weekend, I have a few tickets so wish me luck. Maybe I'll buy you a drink the next time I see you, that is of course as long as I win, otherwise fuck off and buy your own damn drinks.
Not a lot else is new. Thursday I went and saw TROY with Nick, Greg, and Craig. Long, boring movie, the only cool part was the fight between Eric Bana (Hector) and Brad Pitt (Archillies) which, I might add, only lasted like 3 mins. You would think in a movie thats somewhere around 2 and a half hours along they would lengthen the best part of the movie but no, you have Wolfgang Peterson ass raping a potentially good movie. Its not like he couldn't cut out the scenes where the Greek army is approaching Troy that would cut in and out of face shots of Peter O'Toole. Holy Fuck, it was like army in the distance cutting to Peter O'Toole looking like he was having a shit/aneurism, army moving closer cutting to Peter O'Toole looking like he was having a shit/aneurism....It drove me insane, that and Orlando Bloom. Someone should bitch slap him. If you didn't already know, Orlando Bloom was playing the part of the text book young, gay prince. It reminded me of the fruit in Monty Python and the search for the Holy Grail that shoots the arrow out the window and hits Lancelot's servant..."no sir, really I think i might pull through." All in all it wasn't that bad. I have no doubt that the movie would have been ten times better if Wolfgang wasn't directing. You could tell he was tring to make a huge epic picture, but ended up making something that was long winded. It was like he released his directors cut, that no one edited. I don't recommend wasting 10 bucks on it. Maybe worth a rental, that way you can score some free popcorn at jumbo. Or you could go to the theatres and steal the popcorn from some little kid/elderly person/handicapped person like you were stetson at JR's. I've never seen someone get so much free pizza in my life.
Friday night I had a bonfire out at my home in lakeside with Jamie, Ol'Pink eye (Shannon), steph and sarah. Jamie and I made the fire by burning the waste from McDonalds drive thru. Then I attempted to play the guitar but in the cold my fingers don't like to move as fast as my strumming hand. Some young punks showed up hammered and we relenquished our fire to them before returning to my house to watch some Best of Will Farrel (your mothers a whore trebek) and porn.
Saturday I layed sod all day and dick all the rest of the night. Sunday I had soccor practice and went to my sisters First communion. holy Shit I hate church. Its just a widely accepted cult, a bunch of people chanting and kneeling on que. It sickens me that so many people are that brainwashed. Now, i'm not against people having their own beliefs or whatever, I just hate organized religion. it wasn't made by your god, but by man, people should just be spiritual in their own way and not be repremanded when they don't go to church. You are brought up being told that you have to go to church or you go to hell and whatever. Thats retarded, I think that parents shouldn't force their children to go to church. They should make up their own mind when they are at an age where they can make that decision. Monday I layed more sod and then went to see Shrek 2 It was good. Pretty funny. 100 times the movie TROY was.
I think i'll buy my tickets for the festival of lights this week. I want to look into the Shoreline Festival too. It seems like a pretty cool show. there's a ton of local bands playing like:
-Slowcoaster
-Jimmy Swift
-Grand Theft Bus
-Iron Giant
-Two hours Traffic
-Matt Mays
just to name a few. If you want to check it out goHEREIf anyone is interested let me know, cause I want to go.
I'm off to bed its 1:00 and i have to get up in 5 hours for work.
leave me alone
i won't pick up
the phone
and i won't listen
to messages
sent by someone
who calls up and says
i don't like how
you're living
my life
get yourself
a wife
get yourself a job
you're living
a dream
don't you be
a slob
SLOB - Rivers Cuomo


5 Comments:
Hey everyone, drop what you are doing and run to wal-mart there is a few copies of the DVD Glitter left in the bargin bin. Quick, go and buy them before they are sold.and leave comments you fuckers
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
see you at shoreline...so far, i have 2 people for a 6 man tent. lineup looks f'n sweet.
ps - 'sod' is the slang term for what now? i'm so not hip. :P
Yeah I know I can't wait. Have you bought tickets yet? I think I'll get mine tomorrow.
Sod is grass that someone grows and then cuts off of the ground. They pile it and sell it to people who have just built houses.
i know what sod is...but the way you wrote about laying it...dammit, i was trying to be funny. i'll never try again:( haha
Post a Comment
<< Home