Hello, you've reached the winter of our discontent
Music: Cinnamon Girl, Neil Young
Movie: CLOCKWORK ORANGE
Hello and welcome to more incoherent thoughts. Thanks for tuning in. Here are tonights headlines: Stanley Kubrick, backflips off the tarzan rope, and pre-approved Visa's. So much to write about, and I don't know where to start. How about a rundown of the past week (including unneccessary details) then recent purchases followed by a quote from a movie? eh? eh? All right.
Friday I stayed home and fell asleep at 10:30 watching the first season of Futurama with my sisters. Saturday was spent working on the apartment above the garage with my dad. We quit around 2 and headed to the beach for the rest of the afternoon. At some point my uncle got me to sign up to play beach volley-ball this saturday in a tournament for Cystic Fibrosis.
Saturday night I headed into Sarahs. Along the way my dad and I stopped at the liquor store where he bought me a pint of Jack Daniels. He dropped me off and I attempted to play drunk basketball. While leaving for Rob and Andrew's the bottom of my shopping bag gave away. I was relieved to see my jack Daniels had survived the fall but was instantly pissed when it didn't survive the two bottles of coke falling on top of it. Apparently I cursed up a storm in the middle of the street for about 5 mins while cleaning up the glass before I remembered that I hadn't paid for the Jack in the first place. Along the way to the apart we stopped so I could get another bottle. The remainder of the night is pieced together from blurred images and from what others have told me:
-pissing on an oil tank outside rob and andrews, cause i didn't want to piss in the graveyard.
-attempting to play nirvana songs on the guitar
-breaking numerous strings on the guitar cause I can't play drunk
-watching internet porn with andrew and Jamie
-blowing chunks at numerous locations around dirty c*town
-losing my wallet at the monkey bars at Park St. School
-Showing up at Murph's at like 3am
-dropping/spilling numerous objects at murphs
Also, on the way to murphs there were all these cop cars and an ambulance on the corner of Bayfield and the ave. I remember asking this old dude what happened. He said that some biker got hit by a car. I replied, "alright, wicked." Then continued to murphs. Compassion is one of my greatest traits.
Sunday in point form:
-realized Gabrielle drank the glasses of water with my contacts in them.
-went to the new pool at UPIE-played soccer against Dooly's and tied 1-1.
I also registered for my courses this week:
:First Semester:
STRENGTH OF MATERIALS
DYNAMICS
ELECTRIC CIRCUITS
INTERMEDIATE CALCULUS
MODERN PHYSICS
:Second Semester:
INTERMEDIATE CALCULUS 2
MATERIALS SCIENCE
THERMODYNAMICS
ELECTRIC CIRCUITS 2
FLUID MECHANICS
ENGINEERING FINANCE
Thats all, just 11 courses. In case you are wondering, people usually take 8 courses in a year and I'm taking 11. I'm fucked in the head. You probably won't see me much in the next year so remember to say hi to me next summer if you see me.
On a positive point I washed my soccer gear yesterday. It was beginning to smell like cabbage and rotten potatoes. On a negative point I almost slipped in the shower this morning and had a faucet where my face is.
I saw Anchorman last night with murph. Its pretty funny. Their is this cool scene where Tim Robbins, Will Farrell, Luke Wilson, Vince Vaughn, and Ben Stiller are all in this anchorman brawl. Tridents are thrown and people lose limbs, it was great.
::RECENT PURCHASES::
2001: A Space Oddyssy (vhs)
Futurama Season 1(dvd)
Clockwork Orange (vhs)
The Graduate(dvd)
Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals Live From Mars (cd)
Shrek 2 soundtrack(cd)
Its probably not good that I came home from work yesterday to find a pre-approved visa application for me. I don't do well with money, i can't seem to keep it for long. Thats all that happened. Thanks for sticking around, now COMMENT.
Well, all I'm saying is that I want to look back and say that I did it the best I could while I was stuck in this place. Had as much fun as I could while I was stuck in this place. Played as hard as I could while I was stuck in this place. Dogged as many girls as I could while I was stuck in this place.


7 Comments:
the live from mars cD is quite possibly my favorite. ever. i hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoy the bump on Queen street.
did you hear about the new contacts you can get that you can wear to BED for up[ to ONE MONTH!? nutso!
ps - where did you find a clockwork orange on VHs? uncanny!
11 courses? You're obviously COMPLETELY INSANE. If you can come out of that alive, you most definitely should win some sort of award or trophy. If you don't win anything, you can buy trophies at Value Village for 99 cents.
Re: your contacts. I'm so sorry. I need supervision when drunk.
-gabrielle
Janelle - so far the Live from Mars is wicked, and I haven't even gotten to the second cd yet! No I haven't heard of the contacts, but I may look into that. As for the clockwork orange vhs, Zellers had like 10 copies for $3.87 last week. I thought i was going to shit twice and die.
Gabrielle - I took 10 courses my first year and 11 last year, it wasn't so bad. I did however fail my calculus course that i'm going to be taking again in the fall, but that had nothing to do with the work load, more like my attendance record/studying skills. Studying skills meaning: attempting to learn the entire semester of calculus the day of the final.
Hey Janelle, I have those contacts. I was the "test subject" for them... except I think they forgot to tell me that part until after. Instead of wearing them to bed for ONE month, I wear them daily for FOUR. Or five. Or until they start to disintegrate. They're comfy. GET THEM.
-gabrielle
ooh, were they expensive gabrielle? i would really like to try them! how do you get to be a test hamster??? that'd be swell!
-nelly
Josh This is Amber!! You never seese to make me laugh. I forced mtself to watch the whole clockwork orange for the first time, to find out the parts i had already seen many time were the worst parts, and the rest didnt make me twitch at all!. haha. p.s. love the dazed quote.
Wow! this is like a record number of comments for me. Awesome.
Thanks hAMBERger. Glad I could help with the laughter, I hope it enlightens your 1/4 life crisis and maybe even gets rid of some of your "life ruiners." Thats cool that you finally watched Clockwork. Its formidable. Stanley Kubrick was a genius. A God admist us mere mortals. And I thought you'd like the Dazed quote.
Post a Comment
<< Home