MOONLIGHT DRIVES AND MIDNIGHT LIES

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I BET JERRY SEINFIELD DOESN'T WASH HIS HANDS AFTER A PEE

::movie:: Rock Star
::music:: Stand Up ~ Steel Dragon

Welcome to the Summer...prepare for adventure season. I think this year I will follow Cory's lead and make a list of all the stuff I want to do. Heres whats in talks...

Shoreline Festival
Camping Trips
Skydiving
24 Hour Beach Parties
Bike rides to Charlottetown
Soccer

Wow, that list is kinda sad looking, I thought I'd have lots of neat ideas, but apparently not. Maybe I should add rape and pillage to spice things up. Any ideas??

School is over and I'm on the sandbar once again. I did relatively well on my courses. I thought I bombed one completely, but it turns out I did better than I had thought. We're completely moved out of York St. Pub. There will be a new grand opening under a new name next fall, but don't worry its still under the same management. I'm glad to be away from Fredtown...PEI has
less Jabronies, but more hicks. So I've exchanged Orange County Chopper Shirts/mesh hats for rubber boots/mesh hats.

I went back over to Fredericton on Sunday with Pop's to pick up the rest of my stuff. I watched Rock Star pretty much the whole way over. I don't think I've seen it since it was in theatres. Its a cool movie, but not all that great. The songs get you pumped like only Motley Crue and Bon Jovi can. Must be the mystical power of teased hair. Anyway, while watching the movie I realized that most fake bands in movies all start with the letter 'S'. Think about it: Almost Famous ~ Stillwater, This Is Spinal Tap ~ Spinal Tap, Rock Star ~ Steel Dragon, Still Crazy ~ Strange Fruit. The only exceptions that I can think of are Citizen Dick from Singles and The Wonders from That Thing You Do. Uncanny no? I was also wierded out during the scene where the two Tribute bands battle it out in the parking lot. It took me back to that episode of ThunderCats where there were evil Panthro doubles.

I'm currently on the city limits of Broke Town. I burned what little cash I had left on liqour and China Garden this past weekend. On Thursday I went with Chelsea and Lindy to Angel/Tasha/Erin's place for a mini Morell Consolidated Reunion. Friday night I chilled at Nicks, before hitting up Garden Chinois. Then on Saturday I went to stephANIE/Anthony/Melissa's new apart for a visit. I initially intended to go to Baba's to see Royal Rifles play, but I tend to lose track of time when intoxicated. I"m funny like that. Once again I ate the glorious Combo A from China Garden. I need to save what little I have left for my shoreline ticket and for hanging out with Ambereno next week when she arrives.

That is all.Oh, except that I guess I "Officially" Graduate from UPIE next weekend. I might pull a Patch Adams. Check it out on Channel 10, right before Bill's Jambori.

Later,
Kevin McCallistor.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

geez. it's about time you updated!
fun weekend. i have chicken ball sauce all over my room. haha.
so when's your grad? maybe i'll pop in if i'm not working. if you're around town come to hunter's tonight.
-steph

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Josh,was hoping to see ya at the Royal Rifles show since I missed the Morell Consolidated mini Reunion. Ah well maybe next time. See ya around.

-Stephanie L. from Morell

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The show is over close the story book. There will be no encore...
And all the random hands that I have shook, well they're reaching for the door...

Go Mark Wahlberg! Feel the vibration goddamnit. Feel it!

9:18 PM  
Blogger g. said...

'SUP

1:46 AM  
Blogger Joshua said...

Not much is new, but I shall post something exciting and clever tomorrow even if i have to make it up.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home