I'M DATING BEA ARTHUR
::music:: DREAM ON ~ AEROSMITH (my all-time favourite song)
::movie:: TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY
I swear its true. We've been going out for 2 weeks this thursday. I met her at bingo, and BAM!,fell instantly in love. And I'm not in it just for her good looks either.
I'm counting down the days until Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind is released (sept 28) I fucking loved that movie. I'm also waiting for Garden State to come to Empire or even City Cinemas. It looks good. Click to watch the trailer
Does anyone remember the movie ANGUS circa 1995? Its about this fat kid who becomes homecoming king when his archnemisis, James Van Der Beek, fixes the election. It also stars the young chick from the original Jurrasic Park, who plays Angus' dream girl. I remember loving this movie. For some reason I have a weakness for coming of age* movies or depressing movies**. If anyone knows where I may purchase said movie let me know. Or if you want to have a euphoric talk about said movie or similar ones I'm starting an 80's kid withdrawl meeting where you should fit in nicely.
*Coming of age:
Breakfast Club, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Sixteen Candles, almost famous, dazed and confused, Karate Kid, Goonies,....
**depressing:
Punch Drunk Love, Lost In Translation, Garden State, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind,....
Kickass, Jeremy ~ pearl jam, just came on. I burnt this mini cd with like 32 of my fav songs. I'll post the list below, cause I know you all like my lists.... like Top 5 albums of all time....(ah, an obscure and irrevelant reference to High Fidelity.) I've now resorted to citing my references due to the mere fact that they are almost to obscure. I feel like they are being wasted on the ignorant. But once you take away my meaningless references, theres nothing left but a guy who watches WAY to many movies, and listens to too much music...if thats possible.
Yeah....so. I'm thinking about heading to Joel Plaskett on Wednesday at Morons. Everyone should make an appearance, except Stephanie Ford. They don't serve transexuals at morons. Thats all.
CD YET TO BE NAMED:
1979-smashing pumpkins
Autopilot-queens of the stone age
ava adore-smashing pumpkins
bad/40/where the streets have no name (live)-u2
better man-pearl jam
black dog-led zeppelin
burn one down-ben harper
corduroy-pearl jam
crocidile rock-elton john
do the evolution-pearl jam
dream on-aerosmith
fireworks-the tragically hip
helter skelter -U2
hotel california-eagles
i swear its true- weezer
jamie (live acoustic)- weezer
jeremy-pearl jam
moonlight drive- the doors
my wild love- the doors
one-u2
ramble on-led zeppelin
roller-april wine
san dimas high school football-the ataris
stairway to heaven-led zeppelin
testify-rage against the machine
the joker-steve miller
tiny dancer-elton john
tonight is a wonderful night to fall in love-april wine
unchained melody- righteous bros.
weeping widow-april wine
you've lost that lovin' feeling- righteous bros.
zero - smashing pumpkins
Clementine : Look, I'm sorry if I came off a little nutso, I'm not really.
Joel : That's okay, I didn't think you were.
Clementine : Let me show you something... come on...
Joel : I think I heard a crack.
Clementine : It's not gonna crack, or break, or... it's so thick!... Show me which constellations you know.
Joel : Um... oh... I don't... know any.
Clementine : Show me which ones you know!
Joel : Okay... okay... oh! There's Osidius.
Clementine : Where?
Joel : Right there... see? Sort of a swoop and a cross, Osidius Emphatic.
Clementine : You're full of shit, right?
Joel : Nope. Osidius, right there, swoop and cross.
Clementine : Shut the fuck up!


13 Comments:
yeah, i liked angus a lot too. i think i cried. i cry a lot. it was touching. not sure where you can pick it up though...
also: see you at Plaskett. fuckin' can't wait!!!:D:D:D
-janelle
I heard all of those April Wine songs on the radio yesterday. Be proud; you have the same taste as 720 CHTN. Good work.
Some dude won free J.P. tickets at trivia. I bought one off him and only saved a dollar. Did I just abbreviate Joel Plaskett? Oh yes I did.
-gabrielle
How much are the Joel Plaskett tickets?
A. My grandmother is pissed that you took another women to bingo behind her back.
B.I will go to Joel Plaskett. When you find out how much tickets are let me know
-Pat
Someone told me they were $12 each, so I offered the trivia guy $10 for both. I got them, and it says $6 on the ticket. Who knows?
-gabrielle
Everyone should check out www.straightdope.com, there is a link to it on my side bar, answers to your questions. You need to click on the "search archives" in order to get the complete list of questions you've thought of, but thought too stupid to ask. Heres and example:
Dear Cecil:
I hope that you can answer a question that has plagued me since childhood. If every man, woman, and child in China each stood on a chair, and everyone jumped off their chair at exactly the same time, would the earth be thrown off its axis? Also, if prior to jumping, they all yelled at the top of their lungs, would we hear it here in the United States, and how much of a time delay would there be? --Robert P., Los Angeles
Dear Robert:
Amazing as it may seem, I am actually going to answer this incredibly retarded question......
Hey! Pretty in Pink is also a good coming of age movie. As for depressing, have you seen Welcome to the Dollhouse?
You should call it the Main Bldg. Mix. To celebrate the momentus event of us going to the Main lab and listening to it.
Plaskett (J.P) tix are $6.
Hey, I saw Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. It was truely a great film! Also I saw Garden state, I have to tell you if you loved Eternal SUnshine you'll love this movie even more! -Allen
josh.
get the shoes.
they make a man, a man.
-janelle
hey shithead. if you happen to buy eternal sunshine of the spotless mind you have to let me borrow it. it's the least you can do for disturbing my precious sleep last wednesday!
- steph (but i think you knew that already)
Hey now. I was under explicit orders from Sarah to climb up and knock. So its her fault. Not to mention she was the person who started throwing shit up onto your deck. But you can still probably borrow it...after I watch it like 50 times. It fucking rocks.
Post a Comment
<< Home