MOONLIGHT DRIVES AND MIDNIGHT LIES

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A STRANGER AMOUNG US

::movie:: Into The Wild
::music:: Blues Run The Game ~ Nick Drake


So.....how are you? I feel as though we have become stranger you and I. No posts since June 11 2007. Over a Year! There was a time when I wouldn't, scratch that, COULDN'T go a few days without posting....much to the chagrin of some of my first year calculus profs as I was notedly absent from class. I can't help it if U-PIE scheduled class to coincide with prime blogging hours.

I feel as though I should do a speed re-cap of the past years events. Almost a sped up montage like in an 80's sitcom where a huge mess would be cleaned up in a matter of seconds just in the nick of time....Although i fear it wouldn't do justice. I mean, in the sitcoms the mess would just come tumbling down whenever someone opened the closet. This, of course was immediately cut into a freeze frame of the actor/actress appearing visibly surprised before the credits rolled on. I think my true calling in life would have been directing 80's sitcoms such as "Who's The Boss?" or "Golden Girls"...hell I'd even do the occasional "Alf" or "Cosby Show." Oh how I miss throwing 80's pop culture references into absurd/random paragraphs...

In brief, I've finished my B.Sc. in Civil Engineering and I'm moving into town with my better half, Kristen Grace this September. We are condo-ing it up. Long haired, self proclaimed rockstar to short haired, golfshirt wearing yuppie in a little over a year.....who knew I could clean up so well?

Is Nick Drake the best kept secret in music or am I not the musical connoisseur I thought I was? I'm blown away by him. He's extra-ordinary, go listen....meow.

I've been reading more than MacAuley Caulkin in Pagemaster. I went on a George Orwell kick and read Nineteen Hundred Eighty-Four as well as Animal Farm. Great political satires if you're into that.

I've also been on a huge Kurt Vonnegut fad lately. I'm currently reading Breakfast of Champions, having finished: Sirens of Titan, Cat's Cradle, and Schlacthof Funf.

Anyway, thats all the creativity I have as of now. I'll save the commercial critique and shameless movie promotion for next time.

This is Seril Sneer saying goodnight,....goodnight!


I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home